Items for Testing a Workshop
- General Legislation Requirements
- Run through on exactly how the MEN earthing systems operate and their relationship with testing procedures
- Some discussions and explanations on how and why electric shocks occur
- Discussions on how RCD's operate and how to fault-find RCD problems, especially 'Nuisance' tripping
- Discussions on how RCD cascading works and why it is necessary
- Explanation of Loop Impedance theory, calculations and also some practical experiments
- Explanation of designing in both 'Discrimination' and 'Insurance' with circuit breakers into electrical circuits
- Explanation of Insulation (Megar), Loop Impedance and Line Impedance testing of installations, plus practical experiments
- Explanation of Volt-Drop, some very basic calculations and how it affects cables etc and also some information on
accumulated Volt-Drop in circuits
You need a personal copy of:
- AS/NZS 3000 - $249.70
Containing latest amendments
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 - $287.89
(Selection of Cables)
- AS/NZS 3760 - $172.46
(Electrical Equipment Testing)
- AS/NZS 3017 - $207.35
(Electrical Installation Testing)
These are available for purchase at this office.
You will need to supply your own notebook and pen.
7.30 am - 4.00 pm
Times and dates can be adjusted for individual companies.
Total Cost $395
A CTF Subsidy may apply to your enrolment. Please see their website and refer to the “Levy & Funding Guidelines” for more information - https://ctf.wa.gov.au/industry/funding-support/
The CSTA wishes to acknowledge the continued support of the CTF as a positive encouragement for workers employed in this industry to expand their skills and knowledge.
Course Dates and Fees
To enrol online please use the buttons