Items for Testing a Workshop
- General Legislation Requirements
- Run through on exactly how the MEN earthing systems operate and their relationship with testing procedures
- Some discussions and explanations on how and why electric shocks occur
- Discussions on how RCD's operate and how to fault-find RCD problems, especially 'Nuisance' tripping
- Discussions on how RCD cascading works and why it is necessary
- Explanation of Loop Impedance theory, calculations and also some practical experiments
- Explanation of designing in both 'Discrimination' and 'Insurance' with circuit breakers into electrical circuits
- Explanation of Insulation (Megar), Loop Impedance and Line Impedance testing of installations, plus practical experiments
- Explanation of Volt-Drop, some very basic calculations and how it affects cables etc and also some information on
accumulated Volt-Drop in circuits
You need a personal copy of:
- AS/NZS 3000 - $249.70
Containing latest amendments
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 - $287.89
(Selection of Cables)
- AS/NZS 3760 - $172.46
(Electrical Equipment Testing)
- AS/NZS 3017 - $207.35
(Electrical Installation Testing)
These are available for purchase at this office.
You will need to supply your own notebook and pen.
7.30 am - 4.00 pm
Times and dates can be adjusted for individual companies.
Total Cost $395 - CTF Subsidy available
This course is subsidised by the Construction Training Fund and funding is available to any worker currently employed in the construction industry or if currently unemployed, has been employed in the Building Construction Industry in WA during the 6 months preceding the attendance at this course. Does not include mining, gas, or oil sites.
The CSTA wishes to acknowledge the continued support of the CTF as a positive encouragement for workers employed in this industry to expand their skills and knowledge.
Course Dates and Fees
To enrol online please use the buttons